This product has been discontinued.
Please utilize the successor, StemFit Basic04 Complete Type .
StemFit Basic02 is a xeno-free, defined medium for human pluripotent stem cell culture. This medium is capable of reprogramming, maintaining and differentiating human ES and iPS cells under feeder-free culture conditions.
— Materials Provided —1
|Liquid A||400ml||Store at below -20 °C|
|Liquid B||100ml||Store at below -20 °C|
— Media Preparation —
StemFit Basic02 is provided frozen as a 2 component set containing “Liquid A” and “Liquid B” and can be stored at below -20 °C until use. Use sterile techniques to prepare StemFit Basic02 medium.
1) Before use, thaw the frozen “Liquid A” and “Liquid B” with occasionally mixing at room temperature (15-25 °C). 2
2) Aseptically mix medium components by adding the full volume of “Liquid B” to “Liquid A”. Mix thoroughly. If prepared aseptically, StemFit Basic02 is ready for use.
3) Upon thawing, StemFit Basic02 medium may be aseptically aliquoted and stored at below -20 °C.34
4) Before use, warm aliquots to room temperature and use immediately.
Key points for successful culture
This product does not contain basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF)
Do not thaw, “Liquid B” at 37 °C, as it accelerates the degradation of medium ingredients.
Thawed StemFit Basic02 medium may be stored at 2-8 °C for up to two weeks.
We recommend storing the medium protected from light
— Precaution and Disclaimer —
StemFit Basic02 is for research use only and is not for diagnostic use, therapeutic use (including clinical research), or as a food. This product contains material derived from human plasma. Therefore, this product should be treated as a potentially infectious agent, and in accordance with universal handling procedures.
- Which bFGF can be used for expansion? Ajinomoto provides high quality, animal-origin free bFGF, however commercially available bFGF have been confirmed to work.
- Which Extracellular Matrix (ECM) is recommended? Any commercially available ECMs for hPSCs will work (e.g. iMatrix-511, Geltrex, VTN-N, LN521, Matrigel and Synthemax) .
- Can I use Basic02 for clump passaging? We recommend single-cell passaging. If you do passage cells in clumps, we recommend to make small clumps and seed at low seeding density.
- How should I switch medium to Basic02?
We recommend to switch to Basic02 2 days before passaging.
Please refer to Technical Tips for more details
- Can I use Basic02 for non-human PSCs? StemFit medium has been developed for human PSCs, however there are reports in which primate PSCs have been cultured in StemFit medium
- Can I use Basic02 for Mesenchymal stem cell or hematopoietic stem cells? No. StemFit For MSC medium is available to expand MSC.
- Is GMP medium available? No. We recommend Basic03, Basic04 or Basic03 GMP for clinical research or further manufacturing.
- How many passages can Basic02 be used to maintain PSCs? We have confirmed that PSCs cultured in Basic02 maintain their normal karyotype after 52 passages.
- What’s the difference between Basic02 and AK02N? AK02N is available only in Japan and corresponds to Basic02 but it includes bFGF. Basic02 is used for iPSC establishment, expansion and is also used in a differentiation process as a basal media.
- What’s the difference between Basic03 and Basic02? Basic02 and Basic03 has the same composition but the origin of raw material is different. Basic03 is free of human or animal-derived ingredient, whereas Basic02 does contain human-derived ingredient.
For more information, please contact us.
15-1, Kyobashi 1-Chome, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104-8315, Japan