StemFit For Mesenchymal Stem Cell
StemFit For Mesenchymal Stem Cell (StemFit For MSC) is
a chemically defined medium
for mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) culture.
StemFit For MSC
StemFit For Mesenchymal Stem Cell (StemFit For MSC) is a chemically defined medium for mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) culture. This medium does not contain any undefined components such as serum or human platelet lysate, and it enables the maintenance of human bone marrow-derived MSC (BM-MSC), umbilical cord-derived MSC (UC-MSC) and adipose-derived stem cells (ADSC), under chemically defined conditions.
— Materials Provided —
|500ml||Store at -20 °C|
— Media Preparation —
Use sterile techniques to prepare StemFit For MSC medium.
1) Thaw StemFit medium at room temperature (15-25 °C) or at 2-8°C overnight. Mix thoroughly. If precipitations are observed, keep the bottle at room temperature and dissolve them.
CAUTION: Do not thaw StemFit For MSC at 37 °C, as it accelerates medium degradation
＞ Thawed StemFit For MSC medium may be stored at 2-8 °C for up to a month. Protect from light.
＞ Optionally, the medium can be stored as aliquots at -20°C until the expiration date. Do not re-freeze thawed aliquots.
2) Warm medium to room temperature and use immediately.
Key points for successful culture
Do not thaw the media at 37°C because it accelerates degradation of media.
Add extracellular matrix (ECM) or use ECM coated plate. Please refer to the protocol for details.
Remove dissociation reagent completely after centrifugation.
Avoid over confluent culture because that makes it difficult to detach and collect cells.
— Precaution and Disclaimer —
StemFit For MSC is designed in accordance with the BSE/TSE guideline (EMEA/410/01 Rev.3). Any animal- and human-derived components are properly inactivated and the risk associated with the animal-derived ingredient is negligible.
We define “Chemically Defined Medium” as
1. A medium in which all of the components and concentrations are known.
2. A medium which does not contain serum, lysates, or other ingredients with unknown composition
Free of undefined components (Serum, Human platelet lysate). Chemically defined composition minimizes lot-to-lot variation and enables consistent cell expansion.
Minimized risk of hazardous animal- and human-derived components. StemFit For MSC is designed in accordance with the BSE/TSE guideline (EMEA/410/01 Rev.3). Any animal- and human-derived components are properly inactivated and the risk associated with the animal-derived ingredient is negligible.
StemFit For MSC enables superior cell expansion to serum containing media. This medium can maintain MSCs with high level of maker expression and differentiation potential.
Significantly improved MSC proliferation
BM-MSC from Patient B showed poor growth in FBS but high culturing efficiency
in StemFit for MSC
Efficient large-scale culture in a shorter period
Superior isolation performance
・Product Information & Protocol (PDF [924KB])
・SDS (PDF [143KB] )
・Brochure (PDF [1.1MB] )
・MSC Isolation Protocol (PDF [752KB] )
StemFit For MSC
- Which type of MSCs can I expand with StemFit For MSC medium? StemFit for MSC medium is available for bone marrow-derived MSC, umbilical cord-derived MSC and adipose-derived stem cell expansion.
- Can I use StemFit For MSC medium for isolation of MSC? We confirmed that StemFit For MSC can be used for isolation of MSC from bone marrow and adipose tissue. Please contact us directly for detailed protocol of isolation.
- Is any scaffold protein required? Yes, scaffold protein is required. It is necessary to add iMatrix-511 or use ECM-coated plate such as vitronectin or fibronectin. Please refer to the protocol for more detailed information.
- Can I use Corning® CellBIND® Surface instead of ECM-coated plate? Yes, Corning® CellBIND® Surface culture vessels can be used in place of ECM-coated plates with StemFit For MSC. In this case, adding iMatrix-511 is not required.
- How should I switch medium to StemFit For MSC medium? We recommend to thaw your cell stock with StemFit For MSC medium according to the protocol.
- Is GMP medium available? GMP medium of StemFit For MSC is in preparation. Please contact us directly.
Cells cannot attach the plate after seeding
- ・Please check if iMatrix-511 is added to the medium or ECM coated plate is used. StemFit For MSC medium does not contain ECM.
- ・Please check if dissociation reagent was completely eliminated after centrifugation. Remaining dissociation reagent inhibits attachment.
Cells cannot detach from the plate during passage
- ・Please check if cells are not more than 70% confluent. When cells reach to 90-100% confluent, it would be difficult to detach cells.
Cells do not become single cells after dissociation
- ・Please check if cells are not more than 70% confluent. When cells reach to 90-100% confluent, it can be difficult to make single cells. Please passage your cells before being 70% confluent.
- ・Please pipette the cells in the Cell Detachment Solution to fully dissociate cells. Please also refer step. No.5 of cell expansion protocol in the product information.
For more information, please contact us.
15-1, Kyobashi 1-Chome, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104-8315, Japan