StemFit Basic03 is an animal-origin free, defined medium for human pluripotent stem cell culture. This medium is capable of reprogramming, maintaining and differentiating human ES and iPS cells under feeder-free culture conditions.
— Materials Provided —1
|Liquid A||400ml||Store at below -20 °C|
|Liquid B||100ml||Store at below -20 °C|
— Media Preparation —
StemFit Basic03 is provided frozen as a 2 component set containing “Liquid A” and “Liquid B” and can be stored at below -20 °C until use. Use sterile techniques to prepare StemFit Basic03 medium.
1) Before use, thaw the frozen “Liquid A” and “Liquid B” with occasionally mixing at room temperature (15-25 °C). 2
2) Aseptically mix medium components by adding the full volume of “Liquid B” to “Liquid A”. Mix thoroughly. If prepared aseptically, StemFit Basic03 is ready for use.
3) Upon thawing, StemFit Basic03 medium may be aseptically aliquoted and stored at below -20 °C.34
4) Before use, warm aliquots to room temperature and use immediately.
Key points for successful culture
This product does not contain basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF)
Do not thaw, “Liquid B” at 37 °C, as it accelerates the degradation of medium ingredients.
Thawed StemFit Basic03 medium may be stored at 2-8 °C for up to two weeks.
We recommend storing the medium protected from light
— Precaution and Disclaimer —
StemFit Basic03 is for research use only and is not for diagnostic use, therapeutic use, or as a food.
・Product Information (PDF [229KB])
・SDS (PDF [362KB] )
StemFit medium (PDF [775KB] )
StemFit medium with iMatrix-511 (PDF [2.4MB] )
- Which bFGF can be used for expansion? Ajinomoto provides high quality, animal-origin free bFGF, however commercially available bFGF have been confirmed to work.
- Which Extracellular Matrix (ECM) is recommended? Any commercially available ECMs for hPSCs will work (e.g. iMatrix-511, Geltrex, VTN-N, LN521, Matrigel and Synthemax) .
- Can I use Basic03 for clump passaging? We recommend single-cell passaging. If you do passage cells in clumps, we recommend to make small clumps and seed at low seeding density.
- How should I switch medium to Basic03?
We recommend to switch to Basic03 2 days before passaging.
Please refer to Technical Tips for more details
- Can I use Basic03 for non-human PSCs? StemFit medium has been developed for human PSCs, however there are reports in which primate PSCs have been cultured in StemFit medium
- Can I use Basic03 for Mesenchymal stem cell or hematopoietic stem cells? No. StemFit For MSC medium is available to expand MSC.
- Is GMP medium available? Basic03 GMP medium is available. Basic03 GMP correspond to Basic03 and it is manufactured under GMP guidelines.
- How many passages can Basic03 be used to maintain PSCs? We have confirmed that PSCs cultured in Basic03 maintain their normal karyotype after 20 passages.
- What’s the difference between Basic03 and AK03N? AK03N is available only in Japan and corresponds to Basic03 but it includes bFGF. Basic03 is used for iPSC establishment, expansion and is also used in a differentiation process as a basal media.
- What’s the difference between Basic03 and Basic02? Basic02 and Basic03 has the same composition but the origin of raw material is different. Basic03 is free of human or animal derived ingredient, whereas Basic02 does contain human derived ingredient.
For more information, please contact us.
15-1, Kyobashi 1-Chome, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104-8315, Japan