This product has been discontinued.
Please utilize the successor, StemFit Basic04 Complete Type .
StemFit Basic04 is an animal-origin free, defined medium for human pluripotent stem cell culture. This medium is capable of reprogramming, maintaining and differentiating human ES and iPS cells under feeder-free culture conditions.Sample Request
— Materials Provided —1
|500 ml||Store at below -20 °C|
— Media Preparation —
StemFit Basic04 is provided frozen medium and can be stored at below -20 °C until use. Use sterile techniques to prepare StemFit Basic04 medium.
1) Before use, thaw the frozen StemFit Basic04 with occasionally mixing at room temperature (15-25 °C).
CAUTION: Do not thaw, StemFit Basic04 at 37 °C, as it accelerates the degradation of medium.2
2) Upon thawing, StemFit Basic04 medium may be aseptically aliquoted and stored at below -20 °C.
Thawed StemFit Basic04 medium may be stored at 2-8 °C for up to two weeks.3
Optional: We recommend storing the medium protected from light4
3) Before use, warm aliquots to room temperature and use immediately.
Key points for successful culture
This product does not contain basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF)
Do not thaw, StemFit Basic04 at 37 °C, as it accelerates the degradation of medium ingredients.
Thawed StemFit Basic04 medium may be stored at 2-8 °C for up to two weeks.
We recommend storing the medium protected from light
— Precaution and Disclaimer —
StemFit Basic04 is for research use only and is not for diagnostic use, therapeutic use, or as a food.
- Which bFGF can be used for expansion? Ajinomoto provides high quality, animal-origin free bFGF, however commercially available bFGF have been confirmed to work.
- Which Extracellular Matrix (ECM) is recommended? Any commercially available ECMs for hPSCs will work (e.g. iMatrix-511, Geltrex, VTN-N, LN521, Matrigel and Synthemax) .
- Can I use Basic04 for clump passaging? We recommend single-cell passaging. If you do passage cells in clumps, we recommend to make small clumps and seed at low seeding density.
- How should I switch medium to Basic04?
We recommend to switch to Basic04 2 days before passaging.
Please refer to Technical Tips for more details
- Can I use Basic04 for non-human PSCs? StemFit medium has been developed for human PSCs, however there are reports in which primate PSCs have been cultured in StemFit medium
- Can I use Basic04 for Mesenchymal stem cell or hematopoietic stem cells? No. StemFit For MSC medium is available to expand MSC.
- Is GMP medium available? GMP medium of Basic04 is in preparation. Please contact us directly.
- What’s the difference between Basic04 and Basic04 Complete Type(Basic04CT)? Basic04 does not contain bFGF, therefore bFGF can be added and optimized for a specific purpose. Basic04CT does contain bFGF and can be used for PSC expansion without additional supplement.
- What’s the difference between Basic04 and Basic03 The performance of Basic04 and Basic03 is comparable. In contrast to Basic03, all of the media components are packaged in one bottle.
For more information, please contact us.
15-1, Kyobashi 1-Chome, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104-8315, Japan